News and Events
The Steeple project is running a range of events for training, analysis and dissemination purposes. Many of these activities are now being run and supported by our Outreach project (funded through JISC Benefits Realisation money) and our Community.
- Friday 1st July 2011: Where next for institutional AV?
Or more formally "Steeple BR Validation Assembly". This free one day event on the 1st of July will be a summit of media managers and practitioners from around the UK focussed on bringing together representatives from media services and HE communication departments / IT services. More details and the latest information can be found on our wiki.
- See our wiki events page for the latest details
- Steeple BR Technical Workshop held at UCL in November 2010. Videos of some of the presentations can be found in our Resources-Media section, with further notes on our wiki.
- Peter Robinson gave a Steeple talk at Learning on Screen the British Universities Film and Video conference in April 2010
- Carl Marshall gave a talk on Steeple at the UCL Teaching and Learning Network meeting February 2010.
- Open Video in Zurich in Jan - Björn Haßler and Peter Robinson
- Open Educational conference in Nottingham November 2009 - Björn Haßler and Peter Robinson
- Steeple and ELTAC hosted a joint assembly with various other universities at Oxford on October 7th 2009. The day included around 30 people from HE discussing and presenting about their interests in the world of online audio and video capture. The day was structured in the form of an unconference with topics chosen from a list of talks on the BR_Assembly page. A significant output of the day was a technical thinktank across the participants looking at opportunities for a uniformed structuring of metadata for podcast delivery.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk entitled 'A Pocket University' at the Future of Technology Conference in London on 2nd October 2009. The talk covered the activity at Oxford, the Steeple project and also gave a preview of the sister strand project EREWHON mobile portal m.ox.ac.uk.
- Slides with audio for A Pocket University are online at the FOTE web site.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on iTunes U, Steeple and Open Video Content to the JISC Digital Collections for historians event at Oxford on September 3rd 2009.
- Barry Cornelius from Oxford gave a great overview of institutional podcasting and the technical work to get Oxford on iTunesU at the UK HE Webmanagers conference in July 2009.
- Notes, pdfs and presentation from the event.
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on Steeple and Open Video Content to the JISC Sound and Video think tank at HEFCE in London on 23rd June 2009
- Steeple.org.uk podcasting is featured in a column on Open Education in the June 09 edition of Wired magazine. Page 23.
- Peter Robinson gave a keynote on Institutional Podcasting at the PPP SIG meeting in Glasgow on May 7th 2009.
- Notes and presentation from the Glasgow event - File:PPP Oxford iTunesU 6th May.pdf.
- Peter Robinson gave a keynote on Oxford on iTunesU at Apple HQ on May 11th 2009. Notes and presentation from the event - File:PPP Oxford iTunesU 6th May.pdf
- Peter Robinson gave a talk on Steeple, ENSEMBLE and the Steeple podcast portal work at JISC for CETIS and the JISC OER strand in April 2009 - Tag: UKOER
- The Steeple team were at the JISC programme meeting 23rd/24th April 2009 in Manchester.
- Peter Robinson is gave a presentation about Steeple and sharing ideas at the Oxford Apache BarCamp in Oxford on Sunday 5th April 2009. http://barcamp.org/BarCampApacheOxford
- Steeple Podcasting conference - 'Beyond Walls' in Oxford. April 3rd 2009. Fully sold-out. 120 people gathered at Oxford to discuss enterprise level podcasting. Podcasts, programme and reports are be available from the Steeple site and the programme site.
- Steeple Podcasting presentation 'Oxford on iTunes U - 'Unlocking Audio Conference' at the British Library Sound Archive, London. 16th March 2009.
- Steeple Tech Workshop - Practical and pragmatic experiences with podcasting technologies. March 5th & 6th 2009, OUCS, Oxford.
- Workshop report: Tech Workshop.
- Apple HQ London - 'Oxford on iTunes U'. January 16th 2009
Links to the talk http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/podcasts/presentations/2008neweb/
Further info from Cambridge and Open University related links
- Björn Haßler spoke at JISC IPTV conference 6th Nov 2008, covering Steeple and OpenCast: Pdf available here, talk available here, other talks available here.
- Podcasting Conference at Oxford, August 2008, Wadham College. Introduction to the various podcasting services at Oxford, Cambridge, Open and further afield.