Audio and Video
This page will contain an index to all the audio and video outputs of the Steeple Project. These outputs are arranged into a series of topics/events.
Steeple Stakeholder Interview Series
The Open University have produced a number of interviews with Steeple community members regarding their experiences.
- Podcasting at Oxford: Overview
- Podcasting at Oxford: Low Resource Podcasting
- Podcasting at Cambridge: Range of products
- Podcasting at Cambridge: New Steeple Portal
- Podcasting at Coventry
- Podcasting at UCL
- UCL on iTunes U
- Cambridge on iTunes U
- Coventry on iTunes U
- Oxford on iTunes U
- Accessibility of podcasting
Open University Podcasting
The Open University have produced a series of podcasting highlighting their experiences with podcasting and the launch of their iTunes U site.
- 10 Top Tips for Podcasting
- High Resource Podcasting
- Open University on iTunes U
- The need for editorial control in podcasting
- What is a podcast?
- Rights management
Steeple BR Workshop (July 2011)
Oxford hosted a one day workshop at Kellogg College, Oxford covering a wide range of topics and asking, What next for institutional AV?
- Steeple history and resources
- Marketing and Stakeholder engagement
- Impact evaluation strategies
- Policy and copyright
- Podcasting at Trinity College, Dublin
- OpenCast Matterhorn Overview
- SURFnet MediaMosa Overview
Steeple BR Technical Workshop (November 2010)
UCL hosted a Benefits Relisation workshop in November 2010 for Steeple community members to meet and discuss their various technical problems and share knowledge. The following selection of videos are short presentations talking about the current state of affairs at a given institution.
- Oxford University
- Harper Adams University College
- Nottingham University
- Sussex University
- Norwich University College of the Arts
The final video is a demonstration of the Matterhorn Basecamp server as hosted by Loughborough on behalf of the Steeple BR project. This is a quick overview of functionality and state of development.
About the Steeple Project (January 2010)
In January 2010 we made a small set of videos to help explain elements of the project and its findings in an easy to consume format.
- Introduction to Steeple
- The Stages of Podcasting
- Teaching and Learning with Podcasting
- Technical considerations for enterprise level podcasting
- A selection of Steeple's Top Tips for Podcasting
- Educational Case Study
We have given many presentations over the course of this project, and where possible, we have attempted to record them either as video or audio. Below is a selection that don't appear in the other categories here.
Beyond Walls Conference (Oxford 2009)
2009's Beyond Conference, hosted annually at Oxford, was titled Beyond Walls and about Podcasting within UK HE. A range of speakers covered the gamut of topics from teaching and learning through to technical considerations.
- Ben Hawkridge
- Bjoern Hassler
- Markus Ketterl
- Olaf Schulte
- Panel Discussion
- Peter Robinson
- Peter Scott
- Podcasting People
- Tim Fernando
Oxford's iTunes U Launch
When Oxford launched their iTunes U site in October 2008 there was a range of news stories and events to mark the occasion. Here is a small selection of audio and video.
- Thames TV News story
- Audio recording of the internal Launch Party Presentations
- BBC Radio Oxford interview of Oxford iTunes U Manager Peter Robinson
Podcasting Conference (Oxford 2008)
Podcasting started to gain momentum in the UK around the time Oxford hosted an international conference on Podcasting at Wadham College, Oxford in July 2008. A range of speakers described the state of technologies and deployments at leading institutions from Europe and the USA. This also introduced the OpenCast movement to Europe and effectively became the OpenCast Europe conference.
- Adam Hockman - OpenCast (Berkley)
- Andreas Busch - Academic (Oxford)
- Ross Gardler - OSS Watch (UK)
- Bernd Bruegge - Academic (Munich)
- Bjoern Hassler - CARET (Cambridge)
- Markus Ketterl - VirtPresenter (Osnabrueck)
- Tobias Wunden - Replay (ETH Zurich)
- Olaf Schulte - European Overview (ETH Zurich)
- Nicholas Truchaud - Industrialised Podcasting (Lyon 2)
- Peter Kese - Video Lectures (JSI)
Podcasting Tutorials from Oxford
The following videos are short screencast tutorials demonstrating practical aspects of podcasting for individuals. These are used as training aides at Oxford.